BCBHA Referee Registration is now open
Registering with BCBHA as an official is mandatory and will need to be done before attending the Referee Clinic.
Go to the BCBHA Registration page to register as an official for the upcoming season. Be sure to forward your registration payment confirmation email to the Referee Scheduler at: email@example.com
Thank you to the new and returning RMMBHA Referees for another successful year!
If you are a returning referee and plan to continue as a Referee for RMMBHA or;
You are currently an experienced referee and have an interest in working as a Referee for RMMBHA or;
You have never been a referee before and would like to apply as a new Referee for RMMBHA;
Please contact our RMMBHA Referee Scheduler, Dan Bassetto at: firstname.lastname@example.org
|DIVISION||TIME KEEPING||GAME LENGTH|
|U8||3 – 10 minute periods – stop time 2 min Intermissions||1 Hour Time Slot|
|U10||3 – 10 minute periods – stop time 2 min Intermissions||1 Hour Time Slot|
|U12||3 – 12 minute periods – stop time 2 min Intermissions||1-1/4 Hour Time Slot|
|U14||3 – 15 minute periods – stop time 2 min Intermissions||1-1/2 Hour Time Slot|
|U16||3 – 15 minute periods – stop time 2 min Intermissions||1-1/2 Hour Time Slot|
|U19||3 – 15 minute periods– stop time 2 min Intermissions||1-1/2 Hour Time Slot|
PAY SCALE & MANDATORY UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
Pay Scale Per Game
- U8 - $25.00
- U10 - $25.00
- U12 - $30.00
- U14 - $35.00
- U16 - $40.00
- U19 - $45.00
Pay Day is Monthly. Your scheduler will notify you of the cut-off date each month.
- Black Helmet
- Black Shorts with Pockets
- Short White Socks over the ankle
- Long White Socks if you wear shin pads
- Professional Whistle (Acme Thunder preferred)
- Short Sleeve Referee Jersey (CBHA uniform is preferred, note that this jersey will be mandatory for the 2022 season)
- NO JEWELLERY / PIERCINGS ALLOWED WHEN OFFICIATING FOR RMMBHA.
- Always arrive 15 minutes prior to the game start time.
- Look ALERT while you are refereeing a game – don’t lean against the boards looking tired or bored and don’t socialize with the players.
- Stay on the floor after the game until the players and coaches have left. Often they like to come and shake your hand or say thank you. (Don’t rush off the floor to sign the Game Sheet).
- Don’t forget to sign the Game Sheet.
- It is your responsibility to make sure the Referees for the next game are in place before you leave the arena.
- Refereeing is a job and you are the only one on the floor getting paid!!
- Always keep your Referee Gear with you – you never know when you might be needed!!