$500 RMMBHA-SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
RMMBHA will award two (2) $500 scholarships, each season, to deserving athletes.
Purpose of this Scholarship:
The purpose of these scholarships is to provide some financial assistance to two (2) registered RMMBHA players who are graduating and enrolling in any post- secondary institution.
Each scholarship is valued at $500 and will be provided by RMMBHA to the two (2) successful applicants.
A successful applicant MUST:
- complete the application in full and provide all required information.
- be a registered player on a RMMBHA team for the season in which they are applying for the scholarship.
- be a grade 12 student who is proceeding from grade 12 to a post-secondary institution.
- be a current member of the association with a minimum of three (3) years good standing.
- demonstrate good citizenship, character and leadership within the league and their community.
- include all required documents and/or letters as specified below. If the required documents do not accompany the application, it will not be considered.
- The scholarship committee will review completed applications to determine the two (2) scholarship recipients.
- The scholarship committee will consist of current board members who choose to join the selection committee. No one on the scholarship committee can be related to any of the applicants.
- Review of applications will be confidential.
- Applications must be submitted by 7:00pm, May 15 of each season in the drop box at Renegades Arena.
- Only complete applications will be considered; late applications will not be accepted.
- The successful candidates with be notified by June 15 of each season.
- Payment of scholarship will be issued on proof of payment of tuition.
- Scholarship must be claimed by December 31st of the year following the award.
Along with this application, applicants must include:
- A letter from any coach, from one of the last three (3) seasons, outlining the candidate’s character, leadership and in particular, the candidate’s athletic ability.
- A letter from a member of the community (teacher/principal/employer) written on behalf of the candidate outlining his/her leadership qualities, community activities and character.
- A 250-300 word essay answering one (1) of the questions listed on the application front page.
OUR PAST SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS:
Congratulations to all our previous recipients of the $500 RMMBHA Scholarship.
2023: Aidan Chabot &
2022: Jacob Wall
2019: Maddison Fox & Nicholas Metivier
2018: Kayla Churhill & Dakota McKenzie
2017: Derian Domitruk & Tyler Stanley
2016: Dylan Grier
2015: Jarek Olah & Nathan Pennykid
2014: Jared Bogdonovich & Jarek Olah
2013: Justin Dhinsa & Xavier Luck